Tuesday, September 17, 2013

"The Old Haunted Middle School"...



We spent our T.A.R.D.I.S. Tuesday exploring "the old haunted middle school", as my 8 year old calls it. I'll be honest, we set out to have fun, take photos, and discover how much nature is already taking over these buildings in just a couple of years. But I was amazed at how it, like all of our homeschooling lessons, evolved. The kid's enthusiasm led to a hundred questions. This was a school our oldest kids went to, my husband and I went to, and many years earlier, it was the city's high school, and the location where my parents met. Story led to story, led to story. It was quite a walk down memory lane. The architecture, the details, the decay.... all inspired rich conversations about education history, work ethics, changing values and eras. It was a fascinating day of remembering and discovering. A little "time travel", a little anthropology, and a lot of fun learning. A great twirl in the TARDIS for one day ;)

This was a shot of the birds who make their home in the "Old Haunted Middle School" rafters.
We had some fun adding cool and spookalicious effects!


We ended our T.A.R.D.I.S. Tuesday watching one of our favorite Dr. Who episodes and sharing a snack of "Fish Fingers and Custard". It was a "FANTASTIC" evening :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment